Wahoo! This is Mike and Sara, coming to you from Manila. We will do our best to keep this thing updated, so stop in and leave a comment. And feel free to email us.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Where I Come From . . . .

It goes without saying that living far away from family can make one appreciate all of the things that make a place "home". This post is dedicated to stuff about where I come from. For me and Sara, the best part about the Summer of 2008 was getting to spend it with our friends and family in Spokane. Just this afternoon, Sara was organizing the pictures we had taken in the summer, and we were commenting on what a beautiful part of the world we come from. So, in a tribute to the Inland Northwest, here is a picture of the Spokane River, taken by Sara the expert photographer.


The picture on the right was also taken by Sara, as we drove to Seattle with Mom and Dad. This one makes me homesick for the open road - something that Manila clearly lacks. This one also makes me think of Steve Earle's music. Sara and I have been on a bit of a Steve Earle kick lately, initiated by our recent viewing of Season Five of The Wire (our favorite television show EVER). Oh, Americana.



Also on our trip to the States this past summer, Sara and I were privileged with a visit to the Boeing Air Museum in Seattle with Dan and the Rents. Here is a picture of Dad, me, and Dan standing outside the museum.


The next few pictures are pretty much just for family. Sara and I promised that we would get copies of these posted - so here they are:

And Mom, I should apologize for posting this picture. It was our last night in Spokane before we moved to Manila, and I think you were about to start crying - perhaps a bad time for pictures? Oh well, thanks for being such a good sport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home