Wahoo! This is Mike and Sara, coming to you from Manila. We will do our best to keep this thing updated, so stop in and leave a comment. And feel free to email us.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Cold

A shiver ran down my back this morning as I stepped out of the lobby of the condo and into the brisk December air of Manila. The temperature was a cool, moderately humid 70 degrees Fahrenheit - quite cold by Manila standards. As I arrived at work and meandered into my classroom, I toyed with the idea of switching on the air conditioning - just to get some fresh air in the room. But it was far too pleasant a morning to be ruined by the blast of air conditioning. As per my morning routine, I turned on my computer and logged on to the Internet to check my email, fantasy basketball team, and the headlines for the day. Knowing that I will soon be flying to Spokane, I decided I ought to check KREM.com for the weather forecast. Ignorance is supposedly bliss - and I see why. One of KREM's top headlines implored Spokane residents to cover themselves in layers of clothing, as any uncovered skin would freeze within minutes of exposure to the sub-zero weather conditions. I'm not sure "Tropical Mike" will be able to handle this cold weather very well. Does anyone have a down jacket I can borrow?

Merry Christmas Blog Junkies - and to any of you who will be in Spokane, be sure to contact me and Sara. We would love to see you - especially if you will lend us warm clothes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home